Bank Examination Assistance
Objective, Thorough and Proactive Examination Assistance
Today’s rapidly changing regulations and examiner expectations mean that financial institutions need to be adequately prepared for the intensity and detail of the new bank examination focus. Without the proper exam preparation and follow-up, weaknesses will be exposed and the financial and reputational costs of these oversights can be substantial.
Comprehensive Banking Examination Assistance
Tailored to Your Institution’s Unique Needs
Our banking examination assistance services are customized to meet your unique needs. We can assist you throughout the entire examination process (pre-exam, during exam, and post exam) or provide support in specific areas. Regardless of the level of assistance your institution requires, our vast regulatory experience with many diverse clients will allow us to apply a valuable best practices perspective.
SCS risk management professionals provide proven and effective support with each step of the process:
- Assist in gathering and organizing all request list items
- Review policies and procedures and, as necessary, augment, revise, and/or add missing elements prior to an exam
- Evaluate past exams and audits to determine if previous deficiencies have been corrected
- Assess performance in key areas, including those areas that are current regulatory "hot spots"
- Provide on-site support at the beginning of the examination, be available to return at any time during the exam if conflict arises, and attend the exit interview
- Respond to examiner questions / requests and formulate a formal response to the exam
- Recommend corrective actions in response to banking examination findings
BSA Examination/AML Examination
Our services will help you keep your AML Examination and BSA Examination programs up to date, to protect you from financial and reputational risk.
Our services encompass all types of regulatory examinations including:
- Safety & Soundness
- Bank IT Exam
- Fair Lending
A Strategic, Cost-Effective Approach
In addition to improving your bank examination performance, our exam assistance services will provide you with a strategic approach for cost-effectively managing regulatory changes. Our approach is designed to streamline your risk program to the essential elements and eliminate excessive, unnecessary layers that may have been added over time.