The Spring 2023 Sheshunoff Chief Financial Officer Affiliation Program topics and speakers have been released and we hope that you will make plans to join us. The Spring 2023 Sheshunoff Chief Financial Officer Affiliation Program will be held May 4-5 at the Omni Hilton Head in Hilton Head, SC.
The Chief Financial Officer Affiliation program will include a High Performance Idea Exchange where attendees will be able to exchange ideas with their peers in a non-competitive environment. Bankers will also receive several bank-specific reports as part of their Chief Financial Officer Affiliation membership.
Sessions will include:
- High Performance Idea Exchange (Jim Swartz- Tatum) – The High Performance Idea Exchange provides Chief Financial Officers with a unique opportunity to discover best practices and to learn from the bankers who are implementing these ideas. Attendees will share their innovative thoughts and ideas in a roundtable format. In addition, we will utilize pre-meeting attendee survey results to focus on the topics of greatest interest to all. This session will encourage the free exchange of ideas among bankers, explore methods to improve your bank’s overall performance and productivity, and evaluate the challenges banks are facing and how to address those challenges.
- Asset Liability in Today’s Environment (Dale Sheller- The Baker Group) – It is hard to believe that in early 2022 the Federal Funds Rate was near zero. Fast forward to the end 2022 and the Federal Reserve had increased interest rates 425 basis points in nine months in an effort to fight inflation hovering near 40-year highs. These aggressive efforts by the Fed have allow many banks to take advantage of rising interest rates with their margins expanding. This session will examine and discuss strategies to better prepare your institution for the uncertainty ahead. Topics will include: a look into industry trends for balance sheets, investment portfolios and performance; pressures related to the liability side of the balance sheet and cost of funds.
- How To Use Data to Compete in Today’s Market (Jeff Dunahoo & David Pierce, RSM US LLP) – A vital piece of a bank’s success is retaining the key executives that have helped the Community banks are facing increasing competition from mega-banks, specialty lenders and Fintechs. The ability to use data to anticipate needs and meet your customer where and when they require financial services is necessary to stay competitive and provide the customer experience that they demand. In this session, we will explore how community-based financial institutions can harness available data to develop a deeper understanding of the banking activities of their account holders to better serve them and earn more of their business.
- Succession Planning for Bank Management, Directors and Shareholders (Robert Flowers, Bradley) – Banking industry regulators consider proactive succession planning and management a key governance tool in promoting a bank’s resilience in difficult times. Hear latest strategies for management and board succession and retention, as well as ownership transition options to ensure you can remain independent.
- Economic Update (Dr. Ed Seifried) – D Ed Seifried will again walk us through the maze of economic data relevant to bankers. With all the turmoil in 2022, many factors indicate calendar year 2023 could very well be the start of an economic downturn. Dr. Ed will examine the latest economic data and endeavor to determine whether our landing will be soft or hard. He will analyze the war on inflation and attempt to estimate when that battle will be won, and predict just when the rate hikes might come to an end. Finally, if the Fed fails to achieve a soft-landing, what can bankers do to prepare their institution for the economic slowdown/recession?
The Fall 2023 Chief Financial Officer Affiliation Program will be held on Oct. 12-13 at Omni Amelia Island in Amelia Island, FL. The Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 meetings will have different content and speakers so we encourage you to sign up for an annual membership to have access to all of the content offered during these meetings.
To sign up for the 2023 Chief Financial Officer Affiliation Program, the renewal form can be found here.
For more information on the Sheshunoff Affiliation Programs, please contact Karen Peterman at (512) 703-1558 or email@example.com.